Call for Abstracts
All participants are invited to submit abstracts for their presentation at the HPB International Conference.
The Programme Committee invites you to take a look at the list of topics and consider submitting an abstract for evaluation.
- Fundamental aspects, including theories of consciousness
- Integrated consciousness research in the Human Brain Project
- Neurobiological mechanisms and correlates of consciousness
- Models, simulations and emulation of consciousness
- Clinical, ethical and societal implications of consciousness research
|Presentation Type:||Oral communication and Poster presentation|
|Submission Deadline:||31 May 2018|
|Abstract text:||500 words maximum|
|Registration of the authors with abstracts:||Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must register for the Conference before June 12th , 2018.|
There will be 2 types of presentation: Oral communication and Poster presentation. Author(s) must indicate the thematic area that best suits their papers. Each abstract must include a correct description of objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions, so that the Programme Committee of the Conference can make a correct review.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in English. Use clear language, avoiding complex characters or formulas difficult to understand.
Download and complete this template before you start the abstract submission: It is compulsory that you use the template to submit your abstract.
Abstracts review and notifications
After the review by the scientific committee, authors will be notified about results by June 7th, 2018. If an abstract is accepted, the presenting author must register and pay the registration fee before June 12th, 2018. Abstracts of non-registered authors will not be published.
- Abstracts must be sent through the Conference online platform using a word doc, docx format.
- During the abstract submission process, presenting authors must be clearly identified providing contact details (email required).
- Author(s) must select the topic that best suits their paper.
- Abstract cannot exceed in any case the 500 words. This does not include the abstract title, authors and their affiliations and references. Larger abstracts will not be admitted.
- Figures can be included in the abstract submission.
- A maximum of 2 abstracts can be submitted by the same first author.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by at least two members of the Conference Programme Committee. Final consideration will be of the Coference Programme
- In order to have the abstracts included in the final programme all presenting authors must register for the Conference before June 12th, 2018.
- For accepted abstracts, the presenting authors are required to be in attendance at their oral/poster sessions (allocated by the Conference organization).